Insects – from the good to the bad to the bugly – will be on display at Cornell University during the 9th annual Insectapalooza Insect Fair on Saturday, October 20 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Comstock Hall on the Cornell University campus.
The cost of entry is less than a cup of coffee: $1 per person. 3 yrs. and under are free
Insectapalooza is an interactive, hands-on experience that features hundreds of live insects, spiders, and other fascinating arthropods. This year there are many new exhibits and popular favorites like the live Butterfly room, Arthropod Zoo, and Pollination room. Insectapalooza is fun and educational for children, teens, and adults of all ages.
The annual, one-day insect fair is hosted by the Department of Entomology at Cornell. "The Good, The Bad, and the Bugly" theme reflects the countless ways that insects interact with people and impact our lives — for better or for worse.
How to get to Cornell: http://www.cornell.edu/visiting/ithaca/visiting.cfm
How to find Comstock Hall: Comstock Hall is opposite Barton Hall (the large gymnasium) on Garden Avenue and north of Teagle Hall. Need a map? Maps of the Cornell University campus can be found at http://www.cornell.edu/maps/
Parking areas near Comstock Hall: Crescent Lot (uphill of Schoelkopf Stadium); along Campus Road (uphill of Lynah Rink); Parking Garage (Under Schoelkopf Stadium); along Tower Road.
Planned Events: TBA
Visit us on Facebook
If you wish to become a SPONSOR for Insectapalooza or the New Arthropod Museum, please contact Linda Rayor. Sponsors will be listed on this website, as well as in a brochure given to all attendees.
Partial support for Insectapalooza is provided by the CALS Alumni Association and JP McHale Pest Management
- Bee & Pollination Trivia
- Insectapalooza Scavenger Hunt Questions
- Insect-A-Palooza 2010 - YNN
- Cornell's Insectapalooza attractions will have visitors bug-eyed
- Hundreds of Bugs at Cornell University
- Meet the beetles ... and the spiders, ladybugs and butterflies: Cornell's Insectapalooza Oct. 23
- Cornell's 5th Annual Insectapalooza 2010 Oct. 23
- Meet the Beetles ... and the Spiders, Ladybugs and Maggots: Cornell's 5th Annual Insectapalooza 2010 Is Oct. 23
- Insectapalooza on the Ithaca College channel 16 Panorama news show
- Ithaca Community Swarms to Insectapalooza 2009
- 2009 Live Interview with Lite Rock 97.3
- http://www.ictv.org/show/Panorama/ then click Panorama - 2: Fall 2009 Episode 2
Images from Insectapalooza 2009